These cups came out of the kiln today and the electrical plug and chord handles have been epoxied onto the surface. They are holding great but I am going to let them cure a little bit longer.
Sent this out yesterday to Baltimore Clayworks Solo Cup Benefit Exhibition.
Got It! Last night everything worked and I have the batteries hooked up in series and connected through a bottle to an LED. It works. Below is a video of me playing with the flashlight for the first time!
I have the 6 Baghdad batteries and have configured them in series, parallel, and series-parallel. Each has only achieved 0.01 on average with some fluctuation but this is not enough to turn on the LED light. So some more adjusting is in the future.
check if copper is touching iron
try another acidic liquid besides 1 year old white vinegar
try to jump a car
Picked up a new multimeter and presto 00.1! I am on the correct track with this project. Just did a quick swap of the acidic liquid (vinegar) and it consistently picked up that reading. Later this week going to bring the other 5 into the fold!
I have started working on the 6 pack Baghdad battery Taser. The first image is a wood fired vessel with a milk container top epoxied onto the surface to create a re-seal able lid. I went out to my car looking for my multimeter and its absence was noted, but I found my fuse tester for my car and gave it a try. (bottom photo) My excitement was a bit premature as I eventually realized that this tester has a battery and is searching for a completed circuit.
I will be purchasing a new multimeter tonight and am hopeful for success by the weekend!